Public Comment Solicited on Revised Standard Drafts
The public is invited to comment on revised Standards while they are in draft stage. The public comment period lasts 30 days, and any person or group may submit comments on a draft Standard and easily submit comments online using online web forms.
Protected Harvest is soliciting comments on the following draft revised Standards:
BloomCheck Standard Version 2.0, May 2019
Protected Harvest has launched a revision of the BloomCheck Certification Standard. The Standard was originally developed by the California Cut Flower Commission in 2012-2013 as a self-assessment of best management practices for the sustainable production of cut flowers, which then evolved into Version 1.0 of the BloomCheck Certification Standard in late 2014 after an intensive peer review process.
The current revision has been informed and guided by the following objectives:
- Update the Standard to reflect state of the art best practice and science in sustainable agricultural production; and,
- Expand the scope and applicability of the BloomCheck Standard beyond cut flowers to greens and potted plant operations.
Some of the main revisions include:
- Revision of integrated pest management practices related to invasive pests to be more generally applicable to invasive pests and less specific to Light Brown Apple Moth.
- Revision of answer choices for specific practices that are not applicable to potted plant production.
- Revision of practices throughout to remove or modify references to California-specific regulatory frameworks, while maintaining BloomCheck’s high caliber of practices.
- Addition of a Potted Plan Annex that contains 10 additional practices applicable only to operations that produce potted plants.
Comments on BloomCheck Standard Version 2.0 are welcome while it is in draft stage. The public comment period will be open for 30 days.
To submit comments, please use the online using online web form below. You may also email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public comment period is open June 17, 2019 – July 16, 2019.
Citrus Sustainability Standard Version 2.0, June 2019
Public comment period is open June 7, 2019 – July 6, 2019
Draft Standard will be available for comment on June 7, 2019